To nominate your car or motorcycle to be invited to be judged in the Concours, your car must be original, or restored as original, with no modifications, and in excellent condition, as if it were brand new.
If you wish to participate on Concours weekend, but your car is modified, or not in perfect Concours condition, simply register it for the GCDE Car Club Showcase and you will have a special area designated to display your car or motorcycle.
The Sunday Nickel Tour is open to the public, and you can drive a modern or classic car or motorcycle. Click HERE for more details.
The GCDE Tour d'Elegance will include Concours Vehicles only, but the public is welcome to view these beautiful cars and motorcycles as they tour from Odessa Florida to Safety Harbor, Florida. The best way to see these great vehicles in motion will be to join us along Main Street in Safety Harbor to watch the procession. Click HERE for more details.
One General Admission Ticket gets you in to see both the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance and the GCDE Car Club Showcase. Click HERE to buy tickets today. Under 16 years old are FREE!
A VIP Ticket gets you entrance to both the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance and the GCDE Car Club Showcase, the best seats in the house in the VIP Tent overlooking the red carpet awards ceremony, private bar, unlimited food, pirate booty and so much more! Click HERE to buy your VIP Tent Ticket today!
Join Us at the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
A success by all accounts!
Volunteers There are plenty of perks to volunteering with the GCDE! Food, clothes, free admission, and more. Creative minds and positive thinkers are always needed! Volunteers@GasparillaConcours.com
Participants: If you wish to submit an application for your vehicle to be invited to participate in the 2022 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance, please check back on this website, as we will have the application page accepting submissions on March 1, 2022. The Acceptance Committee will meet in August 2022, and the accepted vehicles will be notified by email on Sept. 1, 2022. Welcome Packets will be mailed in September with all the necessary information for your enjoyment of a great GCDE Concours weekend.
VIP Tickets: We will begin selling VIP Tickets on July 1, 2022, and will expand the area double+ the size for the VIP Tent. We will limit sales to ensure enough space to enjoy the show from the best seats in the house.
Sponsors and Vendors: Your support has been invaluable for the planning of this event. With monthly email blasts to over 16,000 car enthusiasts, website recognition, and social media posts, we hope that we have given you great value with your partnership. We intend to stay engaged with our monthly marketing efforts and thank you for your continued support throughout the year.
We are blessed with a spacious fresh air environment. But we still recognize that a pandemic is a serious thing. But common sense and good old fashioned manners set the benchmarks of most of the covid-19 protocols recommended by the CDC. Think of it as "What your mother always told you..."
1. Wash your hands! We will have plenty of hand sanitizer and restroom facilities for this.
2. Don't stand so close to people, they want their personal space. We hope by now everyone understands social distancing and takes a step back when talking with folks.
3. Don't breathe in someone's face. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and use a tissue for heaven's sake! For those who wish to wear a face covering, and did not bring one, we will hand out free face masks.
4. Go outside and get some fresh air. We have the ideal setting for our event, with plenty of space, surrounded by beautiful green trees and fresh air.
5. Don't spread your germs, stay home if you're feeling sick. There are plenty of contagious diseases including Covid-19 that none of us should spread. Please stay home if you are not completely well.
Executive Directors Brando and Joanne Pistorius founded the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance in Tampa, Florida in 2017. After carefully incorporating, planning and receiving the appropriate tax designations as a 501c3 non-profit, the 2+ year process of planning the Inaugural Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance resulted in an all volunteer base of over 150 people creating an exquisite and unique event for the first time in Tampa Bay.
The most rare, original and historically important cars and motorcycles will be on display and judged for your viewing pleasure.
Set your chairs up and bring a picnic lunch, you will want to see these exquisite classic vehicles rally down the road as they prove their roadworthiness on Friday 11am-4pm. The Rally Route will be published later in the year.
Saturday is the main event where you can enjoy the "Tastes of Tampa Bay" delicious foods, signature "Gaspar's Grog" cocktails, exciting auction items and experiences, Vintage Fashion Show, Vintage Plane Flyover, Red Carpet Ceremony and Live Entertainment and so much more! New to the Saturday Line-up: The GCDE Car Club Showcase.
We finish up on Sunday "on the road again" but this time the public is invited to drive along with the fabulous "GCDE Nickel Tour" of the Tampa Bay Area. All cars are welcomed to join in, modern and vintage.
This is the only true Concours d'Elegance for Tampa*, and the name "Gasparilla" is synonymous with the Tampa Bay area's most famous social season.
The challenge is to invite those collectible cars and motorcycles that are rarely seen in public and tell a story that fascinates and educates. We want you to come back every year to find the latest rare and exquisite vehicles we have invited to join us.
Tampa's Gasparilla festivities occur in November through April every year, since 1904, celebrating the legend of the invasion of the city by the fictional (or not!) pirate Jose Gaspar. The mayor of Tampa relinquishes the keys to the city, and we are invaded by a pirate ship filled with hundreds of the cities finest business people and founding families of Tampa, all in the name of fun and charity. The Mardi Gras styled event draws hundreds of thousands of spectators. If you include the many additional events associated with the Gasparilla season, there are millions of participants and spectators involved with Gasparilla.
Now we bring you the newest addition to Tampa's festivities...
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
Friedreich's Ataxia, known as FA is an inherited disease that damages the nervous system. The damage affects the spinal cord and the nerves that control muscle movement in the arms and legs. Symptoms usually begin between the ages of 5 and 15.
Highlights from the inaugural event. More videos to come of the 2021 GCDE
Check out this great video about our 2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
Check out this great video about the History of the Gasparilla Season Events in Tampa Bay.
December 2-4, 2022
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization.
Sign up to receive more information on Event Scheduling for the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance is an official club event brought to you by the Hillsborough Region AACA. Thank you for all your efforts, expertise and volunteer hours.
Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit incorporated in the State of Florida. We exist to support Tampa Bay charities that serve children who are most in need in our community. We operate through direct donations and monies raised through our annual juried classic car competition featuring rare, original, and historically important vehicles.
We love a good car show! We attend dozens each year, and many car enthusiasts know the difference between a car show and a Concours d'Elegance. Unfortunately, for those who do not know the difference, they can be misled into attending a car show that promotes itself as a Concours d'Elegance just to divert and mislead attendees, participants, sponsors and advertisers for the purpose of making profit. Profit is good, but it is not the motivating factor at a Concours d'Elegance.
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance is the only true Concours d'Elegance in the Tampa Bay Area.
What you will find as the major differences between a car show and a Concours d'Elegance include:
1. A charitable foundation, an IRS 501c3 recognized Non-Profit Organization, with a stated purpose to aid those in need. Those without may just be pocketing your contributions without your knowledge. The proof of donation to charity, and the amount, should be disclosed to the public. GCDE is a registered 501c3.
2. A substantial volunteer base. Most organizations require 100-300 volunteers to put on a proper Concours d'Elegance. GCDE has 150+ volunteers.
3. A Board of Directors who oversee the organization, the financial propriety, and the overall good business practices of the Concours d'Elegance. GCDE has a sizable BOD of experts that range in professional occupations of accounting, legal, entrepreneurs and car collectors.
4. A system of selection that is truly motivated by experts who form a Committee that evaluates and choose the field based on originality, historical importance, and rareness. Car shows are great to find cars of all sorts, including modified vehicles, but that is not what a Concours d'Elegance focuses on.
5. Quality is king. You expect a beautifully bound commemorative color Program, keepsake signage that shares the history of the vehicle, art components, multi day events, exceptional food and beverage offerings, live entertainment, exquisite awards, Red Carpet Awards Ceremony, a knowledgeable and professional Master of Ceremony, VIP's and Celebrities, a beautiful venue, such as golf courses, parks and airports with waterfront views. All these qualities add up to a substantial investment in producing a Concours d'Elegance, for the enjoyment of all involved.
6. Marketing and Capital. A Concours generally requires far more capital to produce, and the budget is well into the six figure mark. Professionally produced commercials on network television, radio, social media, print advertising. This allows the event to produce the results the attendees, participants and sponsors come to expect.
We hope you are able to visit many true Concours d'Elegances throughout the country, and the world. It is a truly unique experience.
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state. 1-800-435-7352 www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com