Coming in late 2024/ early 2025
Celebrating 100 Years of Automotive Excellence
After thoughtful consideration, the Board of Directors for The Gasparilla Concours d’Elegance Inc. has come to a mutual agreement with Festivals of Speed to end our collaboration. Therefore the combined GCDE/FOS event scheduled for January 21, 2024, at St. Pete's Vinoy Park is cancelled.
GCDE is in discussion with alternative organizational support from other potential partners and will announce a new date and venue in the coming months.
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and stress this has caused our loyal supporters, attendees, and particularly the generous Participants who have registered for the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance. We have sent you the commemorative challenge coin medallions, as a very small token of our appreciation for your support. We will certainly keep your application on file for the rescheduled Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance. All donations made will be refunded unless otherwise requested to be sent directly to the charity or remain on file until the new date is announced for GCDE 2024/2025.
Thank you again for your continued support. We look forward to producing the quality event our past supporters have come to love and expect. Please don’t hesitate to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.
Joanne Pistorius, Executive Director
Gasparilla Concours d’Elegance Inc.
Highlights from the inaugural event.
Check out this great video about our Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
Check out this great video about the History of the Gasparilla Season Events in Tampa Bay.
Check out this great video from the 2022 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance.
Sign up to receive more information on Event Scheduling for the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit incorporated in the State of Florida. We exist to support Tampa Bay Area charities that serve children who are most in need in our community. We operate through direct donations and monies raised through our annual juried classic car competition featuring rare, original, and historically important vehicles.
We love a good car show! We attend dozens each year, and many car enthusiasts know the difference between a car show and a Concours d'Elegance. Unfortunately, for those who do not know the difference, they can be misled into attending a car show that promotes itself as a Concours d'Elegance just to divert and mislead attendees, participants, sponsors and advertisers for the purpose of making profit. Profit is good, but it is not the motivating factor at a Concours d'Elegance.
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance is the only true Concours d'Elegance in the Tampa Bay Area.
What you will find as the major differences between a car show and a Concours d'Elegance include:
1. A charitable foundation, an IRS 501c3 recognized Non-Profit Organization, with a stated purpose to aid those in need. Those without may just be pocketing your contributions without your knowledge. The proof of donation to charity, and the amount, should be disclosed to the public. GCDE is a registered 501c3.
2. A substantial volunteer base. Most organizations require 100-300 volunteers to put on a proper Concours d'Elegance. GCDE has 150+ volunteers.
3. A Board of Directors who oversee the organization, the financial propriety, and the overall good business practices of the Concours d'Elegance. GCDE has a sizable BOD of experts that range in professional occupations of accounting, legal, entrepreneurs and car collectors.
4. A system of selection that is truly motivated by experts who form a Committee that evaluates and choose the field based on originality, historical importance, and rareness. Car shows are great to find cars of all sorts, including modified vehicles, but that is not what a Concours d'Elegance focuses on.
5. Quality is king. You expect a beautifully bound commemorative color Program, keepsake signage that shares the history of the vehicle, art components, multi day events, exceptional food and beverage offerings, live entertainment, exquisite awards, Red Carpet Awards Ceremony, a knowledgeable and professional Master of Ceremony, VIP's and Celebrities, a beautiful venue, such as golf courses, parks and airports with waterfront views. All these qualities add up to a substantial investment in producing a Concours d'Elegance, for the enjoyment of all involved.
6. Marketing and Capital. A Concours generally requires far more capital to produce, and the budget is well into the six figure mark. Professionally produced commercials on network television, radio, social media, print advertising. This allows the event to produce the results the attendees, participants and sponsors come to expect.
We hope you are able to visit many true Concours d'Elegances throughout the country, and the world. It is a truly unique experience.