The only thing that does not change is change itself.
We believe the new dates and venue provide us the best opportunity to produce the event under the safest of circumstances for our Participants, Volunteers, Sponsors and Attendees. We are pleased to report that our event continues to grow which is undoubtedly due to the growing interest in getting out again to enjoy our passion with collectible cars. We at the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance (GCDE) are committed to presenting an outstanding event with all the health safety initiatives available.
We are proud of the beautiful and SPACIOUS event venue at:
The plans for the VIP Tent are even more exciting and offer preferred parking, 30 minute early entrance to the events, fantastic food, private bar, a/c restroom, shaded tent with the best seats in the house overlooking the Red Carpet Awards Ceremony..
The space available for Sponsors and Vendors has also increased, so if you are interested in having your business support this great event, and the charity who will benefit (FARA), then please get in contact with us right away. We have an extensive marketing campaign, and our monthly email blast reaches nearly 16,000 car collectors every month.
Volunteers Those who volunteered with the Inaugural GCDE are asked to email us with your intention to volunteer again for the 2021 event. We need to know if you are working on the event weekend, or have interest in joining our Organizational Committee. The Organizational Committee has been meeting monthly since the inception back in 2017. We now meet in person and virtually, so it is easier than ever to stay in touch. There are plenty of perks to volunteering with the GCDE! Food, clothes, free admission, and more. Creative minds and positive thinkers are always needed! Volunteers@GasparillaConcours.com
Participants: Your vehicles will be automatically transferred acceptance to the new dates. If you are unable to attend in 2021, please email us and let us know so that we may open the spot to another vehicle in your class. All VIP tickets purchased will be transferred to the 2021 event. There will be no refunds issued after Oct. 1, 2021.
New Applications for the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance and Registrations for Cars in the Park: We will continue accepting Registrations for the Friday Night "Cars in the Park" and Applications for the Saturday Concours d'Elegance, however the Acceptance Committee for the Concours will not convene until August 2021. At that time we will advise you of your acceptance and all Participants will be sent an Acceptance E-mail and Packet of Information via mail no later than September 1, 2021. If you have submitted an Application for the Concours or a Registration for Friday Night already, you do not need to resubmit. We have kept your information on file, and it will be included in the review process in August.
Ticket Holders: Your tickets (Entrance and VIP Tent) will be automatically transferred to the new dates. There will be no refunds issued after Oct. 1, 2021.
Sponsors and Vendors: Your support has been invaluable for the planning of this event. With monthly email blasts, website recognition, and social media posts, we hope that we have given you great value with your partnership. We intend to stay engaged with our monthly marketing efforts and thank you for your continued support.
A pandemic is a serious thing. But common sense and good old fashioned manners set the benchmarks of most of the covid-19 protocols recommended by the CDC. Think of it as "What your mother always told you..."
1. Wash your hands! We will have plenty of hand sanitizer and restroom facilities for this.
2. Don't stand so close to people, they want their personal space. We hope by now everyone understands social distancing and takes a step back when talking with folks.
3. Don't breathe in someone's face. Cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze, and use a tissue for heaven's sake! For those who wish to wear a face covering, and did not bring one, we will hand out free face masks.
4. Go outside and get some fresh air. We have the ideal setting for our event, with plenty of space, surrounded by beautiful green trees and fresh air.
5. Don't spread your germs, stay home if you're feeling sick. There are plenty of contagious diseases including Covid-19 that none of us should spread. Please stay home if you are not completely well.
Spacious Venue at TPC Tampa Bay allows all our Pirates to stay Socially Distant... aaargh!
Executive Directors Brando and Joanne Pistorius founded the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance in Tampa, Florida in 2017. After carefully incorporating, planning and receiving the appropriate tax designations as a 501c3 non-profit, the 2+ year process of planning the Inaugural Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance resulted in an all volunteer base of over 150 people creating an exquisite and unique event for the first time in Tampa Bay.
The most rare, original and historically important cars and motorcycles will be on display and judged for your viewing pleasure. Enjoy the "Tastes of Tampa Bay" delicious foods, signature "Gaspar's Grog" cocktails, exciting auction items and experiences, Vintage Fashion Show, Vintage Plane Flyover, Red Carpet Ceremony and Live Entertainment throughout the 2 days on the TPC Tampa Bay Golf Course. We finish up on the road with a fabulous "Nickel Tour of Tampa Bay" which all cars are welcomed to join in, modern and vintage.
This is the only true Concours d'Elegance for Tampa*, and the name "Gasparilla" is synonymous with the Tampa Bay area's most famous social season.
Tampa's Gasparilla festivities occur in November through April every year, since 1904, celebrating the legend of the invasion of the city by the fictional (or not!) pirate Jose Gaspar. The mayor of Tampa relinquishes the keys to the city, and we are invaded by a pirate ship filled with hundreds of the cities finest business people and founding families of Tampa, all in the name of fun and charity. The Mardi Gras styled event draws hundreds of thousands of spectators. If you include the many additional events associated with the Gasparilla season, there are millions of participants and spectators involved with Gasparilla.
Now we bring you the newest addition to Tampa's festivities...
the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
The challenge is to invite those collectible cars and motorcycles that are rarely seen in public and tell a story that fascinates and educates. We want you to come back every year to find the latest rare and exquisite vehicles we have invited to join us.
Friedreich's Ataxia, known as FA is an inherited disease that damages the nervous system. The damage affects the spinal cord and the nerves that control muscle movement in the arms and legs. Symptoms usually begin between the ages of 5 and 15.
Even though we were not able to have the 2020 event as planned, we did not want to leave the beneficiary without some donation.
We wish it were more, but even without the gate income and other contributions, we were still able to allocate a $5,000 cash donation to Shriners Healthcare for Children- Florida.
Total donation to Shriners Hospital for Children in Tampa $27,000
Highlights from last years inaugural event.
Check out this great video about our 2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
Check out this great video about the History of the Gasparilla Season Events in Tampa Bay.
The date is approaching fast and we’re making preparations. Don’t miss out!
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Inc. is a 501 (c)(3) charitable organization.
All tickets purchased for the previous scheduled dates are automatically transferred to the December 3-5, 2021 weekend. There will be no refunds issued after Oct. 1, 2021.
Sign up to receive more information on Event Scheduling for the Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance is an official club event brought to you by the Hillsborough Region AACA. Thank you for all your efforts, expertise and volunteer hours.
Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance Inc. is a 501(c)(3) Non-Profit incorporated in the State of Florida. We exist to support Tampa Bay charities that serve children who are most in need in our community. We operate through direct donations and monies raised through our annual juried classic car competition featuring rare, original, and historically important vehicles.
We love a good car show! We attend dozens each year, and many car enthusiasts know the difference between a car show and a Concours d'Elegance. Unfortunately, for those who do not know the difference, they can be misled into attending a car show that promotes itself as a Concours d'Elegance just to divert and mislead attendees, participants, sponsors and advertisers for the purpose of making profit. Profit is good, but it is not the motivating factor at a Concours d'Elegance.
The Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance is the only true Concours d'Elegance in the Tampa Bay Area.
What you will find as the major differences between a car show and a Concours d'Elegance include:
1. A charitable foundation, an IRS 501c3 recognized Non-Profit Organization, with a stated purpose to aid those in need. Those without may just be pocketing your contributions without your knowledge. The proof of donation to charity, and the amount, should be disclosed to the public. GCDE is a registered 501c3.
2. A substantial volunteer base. Most organizations require 100-300 volunteers to put on a proper Concours d'Elegance. GCDE has 180+ volunteers.
3. A Board of Directors who oversee the organization, the financial propriety, and the overall good business practices of the Concours d'Elegance. GCDE has a sizable BOD of experts that range in professional occupations of accounting, legal, entrepreneurs and car collectors.
4. A system of selection that is truly motivated by experts who form a Committee that evaluates and choose the field based on originality, historical importance, and rareness. Car shows are great to find cars of all sorts, including modified vehicles, but that is not what a Concours d'Elegance focuses on.
5. Quality is king. You expect a beautifully bound commemorative color program, keepsake signage that shares the history of the vehicle, art components, multi day events, exceptional food and beverage offerings, live entertainment, exquisite awards, Red Carpet Awards Ceremony, a knowledgeable and professional Master of Ceremony, VIP's and Celebrities, a beautiful venue, such as golf courses, parks and airports with waterfront views. All these qualities add up to a substantial investment in producing a Concours d'Elegance, for the enjoyment of all involved.
6. Marketing and Capital. A Concours generally requires far more capital to produce, and the budget is well into the six figure mark. Professionally produced commercials on television, radio, social media, print advertising. This allows the event to produce the results the attendees, participants and sponsors come to expect.
We hope you are able to visit many true Concours d'Elegances throughout the country, and the world. It is a truly unique experience.
A copy of the official registration and financial information may be obtained from the Division of Consumer Services by calling toll-free within the state. Registration does not imply endorsement, approval or recommendation by the state. 1-800-435-7352 www.FloridaConsumerHelp.com