Currently on display at the
The Kenworthy Motor Co., Mishawaka, Indiana, produced only 214 vehicles in total, having been manufactured in 1920 and 1921, before the company closed in 1922. The Rolls Royce styling afforded this elegant automobile the reputation of a true luxury vehicle. The price of $4,200 reflected it's quality. The 6 cylinder 9-N Continental engine was produced exclusively for Kenworthy. The sporty appearance has a Rolls Royce style radiator, cycle type fenders, individual steel plates, dual windshield, mounted accessory spotlights, and crisp razor edge body styling.
"A motor car of tested worth."
There are only 2 known Kenworthy cars left in existence. There is a 1920 Kenworthy 4-80 on display at the Nethercutt Collection, and this exquisite 1921 6-55 on display at the Cairo Antique Automobile Museum.
Come see this rare and impressive vehicle on loan from Mr. Wayne Hadden, Owner, escorts our Grand Marshal, Mr. Tom duPont, and our Chief Judge, Mr. Brad Bean, on to the show field at TPC Golf Course in Tampa Bay, for the Opening Ceremonies of the 2021 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance. They will be preceded by the "Rough Riders" Honor Guard, National Anthem sung by local celebrity, and a Vintage Plane Flyover.
Thank you to Bob Jepson for agreeing to share his beautiful 1920 Stutz Bearcat as our Featured Centennial Vehicle for the 2020 Gasparilla Concours d'Elegance. As we all know, 2020 just did not happen for many of our events. We hope you will enjoy seeing Bob and his outstanding collection at the 2021 Gasparilla Concours.
1913 Pierce Arrow
Voisins were known for their unique body styling done by Gabriel Voisin. These vehicles make use of lightweight materials like aluminum and light alloys. The engine is a 4-cylinder, 1551cc Knight Sleeve Valve Engine. The engine is virtually silent.
Paint and interior done at Tampa Bay Automobile Museum. Vehicle still has the original waxed fabric on the body from 1927. Excellently maintained over the years.
Constructed in 1932, this one-of-a-kind, propeller driven car was discovered in a barn in France in 2000 having been placed there by the original owner in the late 1930s. Little could be seen of it through the rubble. It was completely rebuilt but many of the mechanical components are original, such as the frame, wire wheels, dashboard, steering wheel, steering gear, brake pedal, light switch, headlights, and the type plate. The wood frame was sandblasted and treated, the steering gear was rebuilt, and the interior was upholstered. The car steers with the rear wheels and only those wheels have springs. It is currently equipped with a Citroën GS engine with the propeller coupled directly to the crankshaft. The Helicron passed the French safety inspection in 2000 and is approved for use on their roads!
visit Lane Motor Museum, Nashville, TN